The Project Manager – Geophysicist is responsible for the overall planning, management and execution of seismic processing projects with the goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope.
The ideal candidate has a strong geophysical background and previous experience with time-domain seismic processing and imaging for onshore environments. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Manager – Data Processing
Key Interfaces: Processing team members and external clients
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of, and ability to work in, all phases of time-domain imaging, including, but not limited to, data reformat and geometry assignment, velocity analysis and statics, wavelet processing, noise attenuation, migration and gather conditioning.
- Ability to identify and solve complex geophysical problems.
- Generate and execute high quality, efficient processing flows with limited supervision.
- Define resource requirements to deliver project on time.
- Develop project plans and manage project budget.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Track project deliverables.
- Ability to mentor and properly delegate tasks to team members, in order to maintain production throughput and meet project deadlines.
- Lead client meetings.
- Creates clear presentations of project advancements and recommendations for clients & peers.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values ((Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity, and Excellence) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with personnel throughout the organization. Actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs. of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Geology is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive seismic processing experience, including production, project supervision, and client presentations.
- Effective use of multiple seismic processing platforms: prior experience with ProMAX/SeisSpace platforms a plus.
- Adept in use of a Linux workspace, exploiting Bash/Awk/Sed scripting languages and UNIX commands to efficiently extract and analyze data.
- Proven knowledge of project management techniques and tools. Qualification in project management a plus.
- The ability to keep organized, accurate, and clear records/logs of data issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook, or equivalent.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Fairfield Geotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org