The Project Manager will work closely with the Data Licensing division to develop acquisition and processing parameters. Support will also be given to the Sales organization as a secondary focus area. This position will be responsible for managing and coordinating permitting, surveying, and data acquisition operations for new spec projects and other opportunities as requested. The Project Manager will solicit bids from appropriate contractors for new projects. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: SVP and Chief Sales Officer
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: The Data Licensing and Sales teams, Technical Services and Operations teams within the Data Acquisition and Systems & Engineering Divisions, Data Processing Division, QHSE, Supply Chain, Finance & Accounting, Third Party Vendors, and Customers.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Works with Data Licensing to develop acquisition and processing parameters for new projects.
- Solicits bids from appropriate contractors for new projects.
- Prepares budgets/cost analysis for new spec projects and delivers to Data Licensing and Accounting for approval.
- Manages/coordinates permitting, surveying, and data acquisition operations for new spec projects.
- Prepares and distributes regular reports and updates of duties above to Data Licensing, Accounting and participating clients.
- Coordinates the transfer or delivery of field data to Data Processing.
- Tracks costs and prepares regular updates and reports for Accounting and Data Licensing.
- Works closely with Data Licensing and Accounting to prepare and track budget forecast progress and revisions.
- Tracks budget progress as needed towards the forecast.
- Works with Data Licensing sales team and non-operated program partners to track licensing revenue and costs.
- Tracks Data Processing progress/milestones and prepares regular updates for Data Licensing.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity, and Excellence) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Geosciences, Mathematics, Computer Science (or other physical science) or BBA is required.
- 5-10 years of hands-on experience within the seismic industry (subsea and/or vessel operations) or upstream.
- Solid project management skills and experience are required. PMP is preferred.
- The ability to communicate complicated technical material to other individuals both with and without a technical background.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize appropriately.
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing support to teams, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations:
- Valid driver's license
- Current US Passport, or Green Card holder.
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background Check.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Fairfield Geotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer.