The Processing Geophysicist will apply geophysical principles, surrounding time-domain seismic processing and imaging in all hydrocarbon exploration geological environments, using FG’s WKG SeisSpace interface in conjunction with proprietary software tools on Linux workstations.
The ideal candidate has a strong geophysical background and previous experience with time-domain seismic processing and imaging for onshore environments. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Manager – Data Processing
Key Interfaces: Processing team members and external clients
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
Demonstrates a thorough understanding of, and ability to work in, all phases of time-domain imaging, including, but not limited to, data reformat and geometry assignment, refraction/residual statics and velocity analysis, wavelet processing, noise attenuation, migration, and gather conditioning.
- Ability to identify complex geophysical problems, and to assist in development of solutions.
- Execute and assist in design of high quality, efficient processing flows with minimal supervision.
- Collaborate as needed with Project Managers regarding resource needs for planning and execution.
- Work effectively within existing project plans, using resources efficiently to meet timing and budgetary goals.
- Collaborate as needed with production team members, for efficient production throughput and knowledge transfer.
- Participate actively in client meetings and peer reviews, and assist in generation/presentation of updates, results, and recommendations for these.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values ((Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity, and Excellence) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with personnel throughout the organization. Actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Demonstrates high Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in positive communication, facilitation, influencing, and situational leadership at all levels of the organization.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs. of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor Degree in Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Geology is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ progressive seismic processing experience, including production, project supervision, and internal/external presentation. Domestic USA onshore processing experience, especially West Texas / SE New Mexico, a plus.
- Effective use of multiple seismic processing platforms: prior experience with ProMAX/SeisSpace platforms a plus.
- Adept in use of a Linux workspace, exploiting Bash/Awk/Sed scripting languages and UNIX commands to efficiently extract and analyze data.
- The ability to keep organized, accurate, and clear records/logs of data issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with attention to detail.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook, or equivalent.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Fairfield Geotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer