The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the Engineering team to support product development. This position will be responsible for project planning from the conceptual stage through to completion, while maintaining focus on budgeting and all operational and QHSE aspects. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Mechanical Engineering Supervisor
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: The Technical Services and Operations teams within the Systems & Engineering Division, QHSE, Supply Chain, Third Party Vendors, and Customers
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Complete accurate and timely product and process documentation, including manufacturing procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Perform initial and ongoing design reviews.
- Evaluate manufacturing operations and product and process documentation and recommend methods for improving.
- Assist Manufacturing, Materials, and Quality Assurance in support of manufacturing floor and suppliers.
- Perform trouble shooting and failure analysis activities including determination of cause and corrective action for defects and failures.
- Delivery documentation offering a critical analysis and suggestions for corrective actions or mitigations to correct downtime issues.
- Identify process deficiencies and develop solutions to improve those deficiencies.
- Work on safety improvements and risk analysis for the equipment.
- Help deliver performance improvements to equipment operations.
- Submit a scope of work for each project that includes cost estimates.
- Develop 3D models of the engineered solution for each project.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity, and Excellence) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology is required.
- 3-10 years of hands-on engineering experience in E&P or oilfield services (subsea and/or vessel operational experience a plus).
- Sound understanding of Engineering principles.
- Familiarity with 3D CAD software (ProEngineer but will consider SolidWorks or AutoCAD Inventor) is preferred. Experience with Windchill is beneficial.
- Prior exposure and knowledge of some of the following would be beneficial: packaging of electronics, machined parts, plastics, sheetmetal, cable harnesses, and castings.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Fairfield Geotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer.