The Mechanical Drafter will create drawings that exhibit the detail and method of assembly for a variety of assemblies and products and update existing engineering drawings. Effectively translates design information and specifications into technical drawings and production plans. Vision, creative problem-solving, leveraging technology, ambition, and drive are strongly encouraged in this role and throughout the Company.
Reports to: Manager – Engineering Support
Direct Reports: N/A
Key Interfaces: The Engineering Team, Technical Services and Operations teams within the Systems & Engineering Division, QHSE, Supply Chain, Third Party Vendors, and Customers
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Creates and develops technical drawings and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs, using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team.
- Modifies and revises designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Reviews and analyzes specifications, drawings, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures to be followed.
- Coordinates directly with engineers to review and confirm project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed.
- Provides support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines. Utilizes a variety of methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details.
- Assists in ongoing projects to standardize and unify design document standards.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Safety, Integrity, Collaboration, Creativity, and Excellence) in all internal and external interactions.
- Functions as a business partner and team player with all key stakeholders and actively supports and participates in a cohesive, collaborative, and positive work environment. Leverages existing skills, but also remains receptive to mentoring from others.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers and vendors.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage projects from start to finish and understands financial implications when analyzing and interpreting operational solutions before making recommendations to management.
- Troubleshoots and solves operational issues as they arise, keeping both the Company and customer’s management team informed as needed.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a continuous improvement mentality, with a capacity and energy to challenge the status quo and drive change throughout the organization.
- Willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity while meeting tight deadlines and giving highest attention to detail.
- Should be able to work somewhat autonomously and meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- An associate's degree from a technical institute or community college is required. A higher-level degree is preferred.
- 2-5 years of hands-on experience in mechanical drafting.
- Understanding of the Engineering documentation change process is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD required. ProEngineer experience and knowledge desired.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities.
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
Fairfield Geotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer.