Fairfield Geotechnologies is a privately held company in the business of providing seismic services to oil & gas companies. The company is over 40 years old, is based in Houston, Texas, and employs approximately 300 US, UK, and Norwegian-based employees.
Reports to: Controller
Direct Reports: NA
Key Interfaces: Data Licensing, Data Processing, Accounting, Human Resources, Legal & IT
As part of the Admin Services team, the Admin Generalist is responsible for maintaining and operating high performing support and as-assigned functions in a fast-paced organization.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Perform various administrative tasks including but not limited to; Accounts Receivable, Accounts payable, invoice transactions, travel arrangements, expense reports, and reception assistance.
- Management and organization of documents for Data Licensing, Data Processing, Executive and other department documents.
- Assist in problem solving when business issues arise.
- Yearly requirements will be defined separately and include but not limited to; training and development plans and specific functions defined to meet project goals.
- Understands and aligns with the basic expectations of the department and of the role.
Attributes Required (Behavioral-based Requirements):
- Consistently demonstrates the Company’s Core Values (Integrity, Safety, Quality, Technology, Teamwork, Financial Discipline, Process, Continuous Improvement, and Customer Focus) in all internal and external interactions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, able to discuss technical & functional issues/solutions effectively in highly escalated situations and with all levels within an organization, from administrative to senior management.
- Identifies and articulates problems both verbal and written, propose alternative solutions, have factual backup for decisions and question prior decisions if the results do not materialize as previously projected.
- Demonstrates a willingness to “roll up one’s sleeves and dig into the details”. Ability to deal with complexity and maintains a high attention to detail.
- On-going learning, training and development are key expectations to ongoing success.
- Is self-directed and able to work autonomously and within teams to meet required deadlines.
General Qualifications (Professional Degree(s), Yrs of Specific Experience, Certification(s)), Job Knowledge, and Skills:
- Previous experience with invoicing or accounting transactions a plus
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills (must be proficient in Word and Excel)
- Effective written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills
- Quick learner, easily trained and adaptable to changing environments
- Willing to learn all processes that occur within the administrative department of the company
- Strong problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
- US Citizen or Green Card holder with the ability to work in the US without sponsorship
Fairfield Geotechnologies is an equal opportunity employer.